Wednesday, May 18, 2011

So I wanted goals.

As we crossed over to greenwich mean time, my body no longer felt like hammered shit, which could have been a major contributing factor to my favorable opinion of Lisboa.  The streets were dirty, the hills steep and coffee/wine plentiful.  In fact, I think I came close to my lifelong goal of drinking 100 cups of coffee in a 72 hour period.  The other dudes might have came close to port overdose.
Life behind bars
After being extremely cruel to the woman at the front desk (and the Portugese education system as a whole) due to her poor math skills we proceeded to watch some television.  If you possess a rudimentary knowledge of Spanish, Portugese is relatively easy to read.  Spoken Portugese, on the other hand, is a different animal.  To me is sounds Slavic... and sexy.  Too bad the majority of women in Lisbon look like war torn veterans of the human trafficking industry.





Initially we assumed Lisbon was a prime location to work on our beach bod tan.  After receiving some peculiar looks from the taxi driver after we inquired as to where the best beaches were located, we came to the realization that they were several hundred kilometers south of where we were.  So, we managed to epically fail at the number one reason for traveling to the Iberian Peninsula.  We did not see a single beach.  
Do it already
    The theme of the trip was "detox".  Although due to my straight edge lifestyle I have very little I need to sweat out of my system other than protein powder and kanalbulle.  But I think we did well by restricting our diet to caffeine, sugary pastries, grilled meats and port/beer/wine.  And the excessive amount of sun really capped everything off.   
You know those cameras that are like.... double cameras?
     

No comments:

Post a Comment