Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tired of your vows

Due to commitment to continuity, I will try to create some recapitulated travel diary of my latest chapter in the Spring Break odyssey.   Considering spring officially ends in one week, this will be a nice resolution.
I've heard mixed things about ferry rides.  First of all, slow travel is somewhat of a new experience for me, but it seems like no one I've spoken with wants to be outright negative about the Copenhagen - Oslo ferry.  I will be truthful.  It would have been shitty had I not had great company to judge the geriatric Danes on their booze cruise.  Our cabin smelled like crude oil and the food was incredibly overpriced.  So we ate peanut butter on bread with chocolate from duty free for dessert.  Surprisingly, not the worst dinner I've ever had.  And I was also able to secure a decent nights sleep. 



The sunset at 11:30 pm is worth mentioning.  This is a total country of opposites.  I remember googling instructions for proper noose tying techniques in February because of the serious lack of daylight.  Now, it is lucky if you get 4 solid hours of darkness.  








Rape and pillage in style

 Oslo is expensive.  We joke about it, but seriously, you will hemorrhage money walking down the street in that town.  So we decided one day would have to make due.  It was plenty. After the mandatory pilgrimage to a few historically important black metal sites, we hit up the viking (excuse me, wiking) museum.  History is pretty rad. 








breeders.  
After some searching we found what is possibly the ugliest/awesomest sculpture ever created.  Somehow, a man attacking several small children really speaks to my soul.  I'm already sketching up some tattoo ideas.
   

Once I deciphered a cryptic text message from Ondrej, I discovered that you can indeed scale the summit of the Oslo opera house.  While it is totally touristic and silly, it doesn't require you to sell a kidney in order to secure adequate funding.  My ulterior goal of seducing a Norwegian Stat Oil princess (for love, not money of course) was more difficult than I previously anticipated.  I guess there is always Bergen.      



        

No comments:

Post a Comment