Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The death of my desire

After last night's pathetic display of humanity, I had difficulty falling asleep.  Laying awake contemplating this and that, I eventually found solace in my overly soft mattress.  Someone unexpected commented that I have "a good soul".  There is no such thing as souls.
Eventually the early morning light flooded my room through broken shades and forced me to open my eyes.  The promise I made myself the night before of a 7am jog seemed a thousand miles away.  I settled for a cup of tea and a bowl of oatmeal instead.
 I've managed to keep this plant alive during very dark and cold days.  It is starting to look happy after several months of misery.  It will be an incredibly sad day when I leave it in the care of someone else.  He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment