Friday, November 5, 2010

I'll show ye....

So I have come to find out that the majority of people lurking this blog is not the intended audience.  Not that I'm upset, but I am surprised that the people who give a shit about this thing is my new found friends.  With that in mind, I wanted to provide an introduction to my native habitat.


Colorado is located in the central west.  A little over 1/3 of the state is flat and, from all accounts, uninhabitable.  The rest of the state is beautiful due to the mountainous terrain, copious amounts of sunshine and legalized medicinal marijuana.  It is also where residents from California and Texas move when they retire. Fuckers.  I grew up near the 4 corners (in the southwest) and subsequently moved to Fort Collins in the northern front range.  Both are nice places.
Places to avoid:
Indian reservations
San Luis Valley
Anything east of I-25



No this picture is not photoshopped.  Almost a double rainbow. Whoa.
Colorado has nice mix of fundamental religious kooks (colorado springs), hippies (boulder) and good-ole-boys (virtually any small ranching community).  Denver, the capital is pretty large and home to a dog food manufacturing plant.  I think around 2 or 3 million people live in the metro area.









South Park does exist, although it is only the name of a county (similar to Skåne) with no actual town named after it.  I've met several people that claim the show is modeled after their town, but I never believe them.  Honestly I would never claim that I grew up in the town that inspired South Park.  Your home town would seem pretty fucked up.
Mountains close to my parents house



3 comments: