Wednesday, October 13, 2010

chroma

We had a lecture about quantifiable measurements a few days ago and the professor said a psychological study showed that the weather does not have an impact on your mood.  That's bullshit.
We have had fog the past few mornings.  It is great because it is totally a novelty for me, but it is not good for my motivation.  I have been feeling drained
My room mate Niklas Lundström (yes he is Swedish) and I watched the football (soccer) match last night.  Sweden played incredibly bad football against Holland.  Sweden's star striker is Zlatan Ibrahimovic (who plays for Milan and the Swedish national team).  He is from Rosengård, which is a neighborhood in Malmö that has a reputation for political and social upheaval due to the large immigrant population.  Rosengård is the subject multiple sociological case studies about everything form gender studies to housing issues.  It has an infamous reputation.  I have been there a few times.  They have cheap kebabs and apparently decent football players.  At one point Zlatan was the highest paid football player in the world.  I've heard that there is some shrine to Ibrahimovic that says "you can take the boy out of Rosengård, but you can't take Rosengård out of the boy."
.

No comments:

Post a Comment