Sunday, October 17, 2010

New noise

I slow-crashed the new wheels yesterday.  While out for a leisurely saturday ride, some old Swedish lady managed to hook her bike's basket on my backpack while riding next to me and proceed to twist me to the ground.  I'm sure it looked hilarious because no matter what I couldn't seem to stay upright.  I managed to chip the paint on the fork and down-tube while rolling around on the ground.  I will be surprised if this bikes lasts the winter the way I'm going (sorry Roland).
The bike is parked in front of the moat of Malmöhus.  I can't deny my American heritage, I'm a sucker for castles.  Also, check out the new fenders (much like speed holes, they make the bike go faster!)


It is getting cold and I am eating mint/fig ice cream.  I'm not crazy about it.  The temperature or the dessert.  Last night was a cold bike ride home.  Mostly for my face and feet.  I need to find some new kicks that are stylist and ward off initial stages of frost bite.  Soon I will dawn the scarf and attempt to blend in with the natives.  Last night I met a girl from Umeå and she never heard of Refused.
What is the world coming to?

1 comment:

  1. Zeez are speed holes. Zey make ze car go faster.

    Looks like you have the opposite of my bike - white with black fenders. Use it to storm the castle.

    ReplyDelete