Friday, October 1, 2010

moonpies for misfits

So for the third time in one month I have packed all my things and moved to a new apartment.  It has never been very difficult because I can fit everything I own in a few back packs.  I know everyone has heard all the bullshit about how liberating it is to free yourself from possessions.  Well, its true.  Don't get me wrong, I still have a ton of crap in Colorado, but out here I don't own anything.  I don't need to.  I don't want to.  So this is the new digs.  Spartan, clean, white.

Here is a picture of the sunset from Christian's balcony.  It was one of those nights where the air felt electric.  Right after I took this this, a Chinese dude from my course named Jialiang Tan gave me a ride to the new apartment.  I just call him Tan because I can't pronounce Jialiang correctly, and I doubt any of you could either.  Many Chinese adopt "English" names.  Strangely enough his is Michael.  If I could choose one word to describe Tan, it would be gnarly.  

This is a picture of Tan with Saeid.  Saeid is an Iranian dude that has taught me a lot about international opinion of Americans post-Bush.  Without getting into excruciating detail, the majority of people, especially Saeid, just desire to be heard over the noise of the rest of us.  In a world full of billions of people, it is not easy to make a sound.  I have a lot of respect for Saeid.

On a completely unrelated topic, I found some moon-pies at Hemköp this evening.  Could someone please mail me some RC Cola?

1 comment:

  1. Actually as I've told you before, I have a lot of words to say, but I'm not good in English, as u know! I'm learning English and Studying in an international language simultaneously. So I just need some more time to prove that I'm not here just for hearing the noises...

    ReplyDelete