Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm your opposite number

Västra Rönneholmsvägen is the new hood.  It is affectionately nick named "cane town" due to all the old people wandering between the flower shops, salons, and bakeries.  It is actually a really nice part of the city and I am only about a 5 min bike ride from the sea.  Also Netto (think creepy king soopers  x 10) is a few blocks away.  If I haul ass I can make it to school in about 10 minutes, even with the wind against me.  No matter which way you ride in this city the wind is always against you.  It defies physics.  
Matt and I used to talk about the CSU challenge.  The Rönneholmsvägen challenge isn't quite the same because the people move at almost a static pace.  It's like weaving through traffic cones.  So I will need to sharpen my skills before I ride CSU again.
I live one block away from one of the worst bike shops that I have ever had the misfortune of setting foot into.  The owner must like to collect bikes because he has about twenty cluttering up the sidewalk that never seem to get moved, worked on or sold.  When I asked about getting a fixed cog for the new ride he gave me this sideways look like a dog when it isn't quite sure if it has heard a noise.  I just turned around a walked out.  Nathan, I miss you.







The streets quite down around 6pm.  Also, I have a problem with the 24 hour clock that Europeans are fond of using.  You would never say, "I'll meet you at the Systembolaget at 18:00" but you would definitely write it.  I find myself subtracting by 12 half the time.
Tan took this picture at a party.  I can't tell if I hate it.

3 comments:

  1. Emily also hates it. But loves it because it is nice to see your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The CSU Challenge hasn't gotten any easier - I think the freshmen are fatter and have more longboards and Next bikes this year.

    ReplyDelete