Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Basement Diagnostics

I admit it.  I have developed a case of the SAD since my return to Sverige.  Not having a routine or schedule makes getting out of bed in the morning less urgent.  And by morning I usually mean afternoon, but by that time it is closer to dusk anyway.  Lets not mince words.  Not to be overly dramatic, but I have been down for a while.  One strange occurrence that I have noticed is an increase in extremely vivid dreams.  I rarely remember my dreams, so it has been a strange few weeks.   While I actively pursue several activities that ward off depression - exercise, proper diet, rest, etc. - I sometimes lose interest in, well.... everything.    
But a few days ago the clouds parted, the sun came out and I woke up (for no particular reason) with purpose.  My morning routine was no longer a chore.  As I enjoyed my cup of coffee I happened to set foot onto my balcony.  I air was fresher than it had been in months and it seemed like the sun was no longer dying a slow death.  It was as if Jesus was giving me the proverbial high-five.  Some days shine brighter than others.

I occasionally jump in the sea here.  Usually in daytime.

1 comment:

  1. High Five Jesus is way better than Regular Jesus.

    ReplyDelete