Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What time is it? January?


This last week has been spent reevaluating, assessing and soul searching. With a heavy heart, I have decided to withdraw from my studies and master's research to pursue my dream.  I realize that training to sit in a really hot room may seem frivolous and a waste of life, but those criticisms come from unfounded ignorance.  
The Stiff Competition

It takes sheer strength and determination to compete with these gods among men.  A leisurely training regime is not nearly strict enough to challenge the best.  That is why, two days ago, I have finally decided to heed to the unrelenting call of the sauna.

But just when you think you have your life in order, the universe pulls the rug out from under you.  Just days after committing to a life altering decision, I had my dreams dashed prematurely.  During a light training session, I was informed (by a very naked and old Swedish man) that the World Sauna Championship has been cancelled indefinitely due to an unfortunate incident involving a dead Russian.  Broken hearted, I sulked back to my bedroom - praying my texts books would take me back after my bout with infidelity.

I suppose it was all for the best.  Honestly, competitive saunaing is a young man's game and I got a very late start.  To be a champion you must start young, working on your man boobs and unsightly back hair at an early age.  So, despite the earth shattering news that I cannot become a sitting-in-a-hot-room-with-fat-naked-dudes champion, my life still has meaning.




I am now thinking about training to become a competitive high-fiver.  I think I might be able to start out in the Euro-league and eventually get signed to the all American team just in time for the Rio games.
Working on my ups.

1 comment:

  1. Hello ladies, look at your man - now back to me, back at your man - now back to me. Sadly he isn't me, but if he started working out and and lost the man boobs he could look like me. Look down, back up - where are you? You're in a sauna with the man your man could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me - I have it. Its that high five you've always wanted. Look again, that high five is now diamonds! Anything is possible when you are naked in a sauna giving high fives to the man your man could look like!

    ReplyDelete