Sunday, January 30, 2011

I didn't mean to become a stranger


During an unprecedented 2nd sunny day in less than a week I went for a ride.  I know I have mentioned this before, but the bicycle path connections in the city are great!  Although, the excessive salt on the paths make you cringe a little.  My bike is definitely showing signs of a high salinity content.  As Ondrej mentioned, "you need a tetanus shot just to ride it".
The type of thing that would fuck up your day.
The sea is still very foreign to me.  Growing up in the middle of a very lage continent with few bodies of water did little to prepare me for living close to the Öresund.  The current moves really quickly, which is illustrated by how fast the ice moves up the coast.  I also saw a boat that appeared to be capsizing.  It was hard to tell because it was pretty far away, but I assumed a listing boat in the middle of the straight is probably a bad sign.    

Concrete factory, I think
Another thing that I have yet to accept is not saying hello to someone you pass while walking.  Okay, it isn't necessary on a busy street in the city or to anyone in Rosengård, but passing someone on a path by the sea on a sunny day without saying a word is fucking awkward.  Especially when you make (and hold) eye contact for several seconds
Attempting to use the auto-timer

I wanted to ask someone to take my picture to prove that I didn't steal these off Flickr, but due to the aforementioned tendency to not engage another person while walking, I got nervous and didn't ask anyone.  Instead I awkwardly waited until no one was in sight, and attempted to set up my camera on a bench.  It worked out alright.  
This is for my mother.  


   

No comments:

Post a Comment