Thursday, January 6, 2011

The New Arctic


The only cleared sidewalk in the city

I've been feeling confined lately.  Somewhat physically due to the poor weather conditions.  I took the time to clean some of the rust off the bike a few days ago, which makes me less inclined to ride it because of all the fresh salt on the roads.  In attempt to seek out some much needed human contact, I drug myself to the library which happened to be closed today.  I'm not sure why. 
I think, generally, I have been mentally confined.  A position that is not particular to me.  Attempting to crawl out of the rut and regain my direction has been more tiring than I previously assumed.  But when I sit to contemplate it, I have met very few people that are able to operate linearly - constantly pointed towards one eventual goal.  In fact, I can only think of one person off the top of my head.  It makes me wonder if it a symptom of our generation.  This transient attitude of limited commitment and loss of direction.  Being conscious of it doesn't necessarily alleviate the symptoms.    

No comments:

Post a Comment